Thursday, August 31, 2017

Harboring: Hyannis Port


Hyannis Port gets the duke today in our Harboring series.

Hyannis Port has a big rep, but a small harbor. HP only has 115 residents, so Proportion enters the equation.

I was kind of hoping for more Sea Cadillac-type boats. 

Wealhy people tend to have more of a sailboat harbor than a Fairhaven-like working harbor. There weren't many tuna boats parked docked at the Hyannis Port Yacht Club.

I was expecting more than one pier. Subtlety is good, but I'm not expecting it from Hyannis Port. At least one Kennedy should own a Superyacht.

I was going to sneak over and get a pic of the Kennedy Compound, but I think I have a warrant and didn't need to bump heads with a very influential family over what would have been a pic as blurry as this one. On the other hand, if you are going to get busted for trespassing, you may as well do so at the infamous Kennedy Compound.

I refer to my cottage as a "Compound" at times. It is 484 square feet.

They probably pulled the boat this high up to keep it from the tide... but it is fun to imagine that some Kennedy whelp made a navigational error and just walked home after.

Thanks for having us, Hyannis Port!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Front Door vs Back Door With Waterfront Houses

We are here today to discuss matters of great importance. Specifically... on a beach house or even a lake house, is the front door of...