Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Harboring: Fairhaven


We took the crew to Fairhaven to continue our Harboring series...



Nantucket Lightship? No thanks, already have one!


Both ends of the Intimidator




You probably don't want to steer your pleasure boat into the path of the Vanquish.


The Provincetown Fast Ferry, hanging around with some of the other working boats.

I don't know what that is, exactly... but somebody does, and that somebody thought enough of it to put it on a flatbed trailer until the need arose when it could be put to use.



The good ship Vantage, from motion to ocean...


  
Fairhaven, much more so than nearby Marion or Padanaram, is a working harbor. Even when I went there in April and May, it was a beehive of activity.




I tire of boats now and then, and revert to shooting at cool business signs.

I used to date a girl known as The Sea Witch before. She was from Green Harbor, but she may have opened a business in Fairhaven.

Don't be fooled by the sign... Fairhaven split from New Bedford in 1812.

"You know what the building needs? A giant mooring buoy! Yeah, right on the f***ing roof! The Missus will love it!" 

These ropes may have hauled up your dinner, Hoss. We'll give them a little respect, starting now.

I shot at this boat for 5 minutes before noticing a fisherman watching me. "Lawyer, tourist or magazine?" he yelled up to me. "The latter two," I replied. "Thought so," he laughed at me. "I see a photographer a day here."

The Karen Nicole and the Italian Princess, docked up all side by side.

She may be 19 and breathtaking, but something tells me that the eponymous Helen Irene may be older than that shack. Speaking of the shack, doesn't it look a bit like the one Captain Bob used to live in?

The Blue Sea, but not too deep.

Thanks for having us, Fairhaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Front Door vs Back Door With Waterfront Houses

We are here today to discuss matters of great importance. Specifically... on a beach house or even a lake house, is the front door of...