Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Harboring: Marion

We continue our spring harbor tour with a visit to Marion.


Marion was more active than most harbors we've visited so far this year.


Remind me to not wear my magnet suit when I set to sea with this guy.



A boat-sinking rockpile.



My man getting ready to put in some work.



My last boat (the Lusitania Jr... it sunk) was small enough that if I laid down flat on it, my feet would be in the water. That's probably not a problem for the owner of this boat, unless his last name is Bunyan or Kong.



I've handed a credit card to an assertive woman or two for the ol' "Twenty Minute Tie Up," but Marion Harbor most likely has something different in mind,



Any good captain knows that a cabin only really needs two walls.



I dated a Laura Abbot once, but she tired of me in two hours. When I say "once," I mean "one single time," not "once upon a time over a long period."



They were leaking until he threw on the shingles, you see...



Tabor Academy has a fine sailing team, I'm guessing.



Ideally, you send the kid to Tabor and let them train on those little bots in the picture before... then, when she or he is proficient, you turn them loose on this one. "Proficient" means "after Dad dies" in many Massachusetts families.



I had bad light or something, this looked redder when I was shooting at it.




"You know the dot, I know the dot... I see it a lot."


If the Pilgrims landed in Marion instead of Plymouth, John Alden could have rock-hopped to shore. The concept of Plymouth Rock would be radically different, and "Marion Rock" sounds like a black comic's mother.




If you push someone off the dock in Marion, you have until they swim over and scale those ladders to run away. Fishermen go up them like cats, mind you...


You can drop my whole house into this boat.


Not a lot of junk boats in the water just yet...



You can make a pretty good guess on the historic flood levels by looking at how high the Harbormaster jacked his shack up.



Many of the first boats were powered by steamshovels.



Est. 1927, wrecked 1938, re-established 1939.



Rope anchor...



As a guy who parked his '77 Nova next to a few Porsches at Duxbury High School, I can sympathize with the owner of the blue boat.


Tabor Uber Alles


No comments:

Post a Comment

Front Door vs Back Door With Waterfront Houses

We are here today to discuss matters of great importance. Specifically... on a beach house or even a lake house, is the front door of...