Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Osterville Nature Check, Armstrong Kelley Park and Skunknett River

I lead a pretty technological/industrial lifestyle, am just smart enough to be aware of it, and try to get out into nature now and then. These are some shots from Armstrong Kelley Park in Osterville.


Armstrong Kelley Park has been around for almost 90 years, and is run by the Cape Cod Horticultural Society.
Among the offerings here are a Garden of Verses, a Pet Memorial Garden, rhododendron, magnolias, cedars, hillside trails and God knows what else. I'm pretty sure that this tree is a Weeping Pine.

I went in June, took a bunch of pics, forgot about them for 2 months... so if you go down there today and the flowers aren't as nice as they look in my pics, I apologize. 


At least one photographer superior to myself has told me that I need to remember to Get Low on some shots. It may have been post-June, however.

If you went to any of my high school teachers and told them that I'd grow up (in a sense) to be a nature photographer, they'd think that you have the wrong guy. When I went back to Duxbury High School to do my student teaching, one teacher who I had as a kid came up to me, asked if I had been in jail since graduation, and- when I answered no- went over and handed a $20 bet payoff to another of my old teachers.

Prolly shoulda zoomed out...

... but, instead, I zoomed IN.

A few poems for you...


God or the gardener went a little Full Rhododendron when designing AKP.

We also trekked over to the Skunknett River Wildlife Sanctuary. "Skunknett" is Algonquin for "a place to fish for eels."

We managed to scare a duck.

Thanks for having us, Osterville!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Front Door vs Back Door With Waterfront Houses

We are here today to discuss matters of great importance. Specifically... on a beach house or even a lake house, is the front door of...