Thursday, July 6, 2017

Harboring: Brant Rock/Green Harbor

Hi! 

We continue our Harboring series with a visit to Brant Rock/Green Harbor.

Thought we were lying, didn't you?


Green Harbor, unlike some of the other harbors that I visited (coughPadanaramcough), was very busy for my pre-July arrival.


The good thing about our Harboring series is that, unlike our Foliage trips, a good harbor can work a bad day. I visited Duxbury during foul weather, and my pictures were no more or less awful than they usually were.


It's OK to hang a wind sock above Ol' Glory in a marina.


You know your boat rocks when Steve has to go vertical-camera to fit it in the frame.


Green Harbor spent too little on the Harbormaster house (Cranberry County Online is firmly in the corner of the Harbormaster getting a picturesque Harbormaster House, if only to please tourists and bloggers)...



Green Harbor spent just exactly enough on the Harbormaster ATV. Cool ride, HM...




I wasn't kidding about Green Harbor being early-season busy... if you need to check the blue collardness (?) of your local harbor, go there before July and see how busy it is. I'm convinced that Duxbury, by contrast, has some social rule where you don't put the boat in until August. Marion may be worse.


I love boat names. I dated a Tara Lynn once, the boat is most likely less frustrating.

I was at the Brant Rock part for a while, but the Green Harbor section gets in here now and then.


I dated a Jennifer Kelly once, but we're starting to beat that bit into the seabed.



Stephen still needs the "a little less dock, and maybe get the whole mast into the shot" prompts from time to time.



Two different types of seawall, stacked...



You can't take a bad picture of this boat in this harbor. If it were possible, we'd have done it.



These pots only go out in October.


You can't name boats after boys for some reason. "Here comes the Jeff!"


GG is out of the water for some TLC.


facing Green Harbor



Rather than buy one of those little boats to take out to the big boat, it's cheaper to just build  75 yard dock.



If they all had to leave at once, it'd be like that Who concert.



I needed a blue boat, and God shall provide...

Sometimes if you sneak up on Green Harbor, you can get a good pic. I used the Cut River approach.







Parking lot posts

The Green Harbor Yacht Club


It's always OK to hate the owner of "Too Austintatious."

Brant Rock was named for Brant Geese, who favored the rocks offshore. That's not a Brant Goose, but he knows a bunch of them.

Green Harbor was not named because of her color. She was named after some guy named William Green, who staked his claim there in 1627.

The Green Harbor River also is in the mix. She used to end further South or something, but dykes and hurricanes settled the argument.

I don't know who that is, but I was afraid of him being offended if I didn't take his picture.



Fear the shady malice of the Lady Alice.


I was never any good at parking the boat, so they gave me my own dock where I could do less damage.



I'm 100% pro-Dikers.


Catch ya next time, GH!


1 comment:

Front Door vs Back Door With Waterfront Houses

We are here today to discuss matters of great importance. Specifically... on a beach house or even a lake house, is the front door of...